POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Wanted: Include file/scene of a Lighthouse : Re: Wanted: Include file/scene of a Lighthouse Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:25:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wanted: Include file/scene of a Lighthouse
From: Darcy Johnston
Date: 9 Sep 2000 23:09:15
Message: <39bafb5b@news.povray.org>
"Bob Hughes" <per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote in message

> No, I knew of that one already too.  So you're saying my mind is playing
tricks on me?
> I really remembered a time when you (not you?) were trying out a
lighthouse on a shoreline.  I
> guess there's a chance I'm confusing you with another of the rarely seen
female POVers here or
> something like that, but having done a search for any and all lighthouses
I failed to find any
> other than Philip Bartol's (Sept. 3rd and 5th '99).
>
> Until now that is.
> Darcy Johnston posted one on Jan. 25th 1999 at p.b.i. titled Lighthouse
Scene (I knew it was a lady
> of POV! :-))
> Also in a reply to that someone going by the name of JM posted another, as
did Mark Palmquist on
> Feb. 7th '99.   Even Spider (where ever he is these days) posted a
modified photo of one, and Ross
> Litscher at least mentioned one.  A much more thorough search this time
and still probably not
> complete.
> Apologies to both you, Gail, and Darcy.
>
> Bob

How were you able to find post I did on jan 25th, 1999? Odd thing is that
when I try to do the same, I can't go that far back. I'm using Outlook
Express. Can anyone help me here? I wouldn't mind being able to go that far
back, assuming the servers still have those messages archived.

And for the record, I'm not a lady. :)
Darcy is name that is used for both maloe and female, kinda like Leslie.
Funny enough, people keep telling me they always figured it to be a girl's
name, yet of the Darcys I've personally met (3 other than myself), all have
been male (although we didn't all spell our names the same way).

No hard feelings Bob, :)
Darcy